Want to go for Gold in the 2020/2021 Season? This is your last chance this season!
ASSESSMENT DATE: SATURDAY 20TH MARCH 8AM MAROUBRA SLSC
To qualify for your Gold you need ALL of the following:
- Proficient in Bronze Medallion
- First Aid
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
What do I need to do?
- Swim 800m in under 14 minutes (prior to assessment date)
- Complete a mission test of a 400m swim, 800m run, 400m board paddle, 800m run in under 25 minutes
- Complete a board rescue of a novice swimmer 200m out to sea
- Complete a tube rescue of a swimmer 100m out to sea (use of fins preferred)
- Perform a complex patient rescue, including selecting equipment, returning patient to shore and treating patient appropriately and completing post-operational requirement
There is an induction booklet here with more details of the course including scenarios for the patient rescue. It is recommended working through these in a group, and getting a training group together for the fitness components.
If you would like to undertake this assessment, please RSVP by Thursday 11th March. Your club CTO will contact branch to let them know, and you will receive an email from Branch with further instructions. You must have ALL the above pre-requisites when you RSVP.
Candidate numbers will be capped at 20 including assessors and water safety.
Please note that this is for new awards only - no proficiencies will be conducted in Season 2020/21