Want to go for Gold in the 2019/2020 Season? This is the second of 3 assessment dates for the Gold Medallion.
ASSESSMENT DATE 2: SATURDAY 11TH JANUARY 8AM @ NORTH CRONULLA
To qualify for your Gold you need ALL of the following:
- Proficient in Bronze Medallion
- First Aid
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
What do I need to do?
- Swim 800m in under 14 minutes (prior to assessment date)
- Complete a mission test of a 400m swim, 800m run, 400m board paddle, 800m run in under 25 minutes
- Complete a board rescue of a novice swimmer 200m out to sea
- Complete a tube rescue of a swimmer 100m out to sea (use of fins preferred)
- Perform a complex patient rescue, including selecting equipment, returning patient to shore and treating patient appropriately and completing post-operational requirement
There is an induction booklet here with more details of the course including scenarios for the patient rescue. It is recommended working through these in a group, and getting a training group together for the fitness components.
If you would like to undertake this assessment, please RSVP by Wednesday 4th December. Your club CTO will contact branch to let them know, and you will receive an email from Branch with further instructions. You must have ALL the above pre-requisites when you RSVP.