With just a week to go, we’d proudly like to announce our final list of Exhibitors for the 2nd Annual Wonderland Arts Festival 2020, which has been very generously sponsored by BUILDCORP. For the collectors out there… these 30 amazing artists produce all original work!
Click to see artists...Read more
Venue: Tamarama SLSC at Tamarama Beach
Dates: Monday 30th Nov to Sunday 6th Dec (9am to 6pm daily)
To support the Artist Community & Tamarama SLSC
Don't miss this amazing art festival with some of the very best emerging and established artists on display. In a fantastic response from the artist community, we have a full house for our 2nd annual Wonderland Art Festival, and with just over four weeks to run... we are offering '3 Day' displays for just $249 (Monday 30th Nov to Wed 2nd Dec). Our 2020 Exhibitors at this point are…
Click to view more info about exhibitors and volunteering opportunities...Read more
'WONDERLAND ART FESTIVAL' AT TAMARAMA (30th Nov- 6th Dec)
Keep your calendars clear, for our 2nd Annual 'Wonderland Art Festival’ - Sydney's newest art event, and not to be missed!
Presented by Tamarama Surf Life Saving Club, the COVID-safe event will be showcased in the main hall, right on the doorstep of the immensely popular 'Bondi to Bronte ‘ Walk on Tamarama Beach. Come and browse extraordinary art direct from some of the very best emerging artists. The festival is envisaged to run from Monday 30th November, to Sunday 6th December, 2020. Funds raised during the event will help our ‘Club Renovation’ campaign.
'Tamarama Beach & Surf Club NSW' by Tracy Rockwell (2019)
Among this year’s featured exhibiting artists are:
Tamarama SLSC's vision is to be a diverse and inclusive club, as a part of this we are funding up to three scholarships for members of the Aboriginal community to undertake their Bronze Medallion at Tamarama SLSC in spring 2020 and join us as patrolling members.
They have an individual value of up to $1000 which covers course fees, 2 years membership fees, gear and equipment, swimming lessons if required (up to the value of $500), pool entry, and travel to and from the club for the course duration.
The course runs 8am to 1pm on Saturday from 26th September to 28th November, with two Sunday sessions 8 am to 4 pm for the Certificate and Advanced Resuscitation Certificate (dates TBC).
If you are interested in participating, please click here for more information and for the application form.
Please click the below links for access to Tamarama SLSC's 2019-2020 Financial Statements and Annual Report:
PRESIDENT - Holly Love (Withdrawn)
Proposed: Daniel Qualischefski Seconded: Michelle Cowans
PRESIDENT – Richard Sheldon
Proposed: Paul Cooper Seconded: not yet seconded
VICE PRESIDENT: Matteo Salval
Proposed: Jack Collins Seconded: Michelle Cowans
HON. SECRETARY: Jack Collins
Proposed: Michelle Cowans Seconded: Matteo Salval
TREASURER: Georgina Farrell
Proposed: Robert Foulkes Seconded: Jon Hancock
CLUB CAPTAIN: Richard Hamilton
Proposed: Rachel Feakes Seconded: Michelle Cowans
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR: Michelle Cowans
Proposed: Jack Collins Seconded: Matteo Salval
JUNIOR ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR: Jon Hancock
Proposed: Daniel Qualischefski Seconded: Robert Foulkes
VICE CAPTAIN (COMPETITION): no nomination
VICE CAPTAIN (LIFESAVING): Patrick Connors
Proposed: Guy Waddell Seconded: Daniel Zafir
ASSISTANT TREASURER: Jacob Parker
Proposed: Robert Foulkes Seconded: Daniel Qualischefski
GEAR STEWARD: no nomination
BOAT CAPTAIN: no nomination
IRB CAPTAIN: no nomination
ASSISTANT CHIEF INSTRUCTOR: no nomination
SOCIAL SECRETARY: no nomination
PUBLIC OFFICER: no nomination
RADIO OFFICER: no nomination
Proposed: Seconded: no nomination
BOARD AND SKI CAPTAIN: no nomination
PUBLICITY OFFICER no nomination
FIRST AID OFFICER: no nomination
HERITAGE STEWARD: no nomination
REGISTERED SPORTS OFFICIALS: no nomination
SLSA DELEGATE: no nomination
As the season came to an unexpected end, we want to take an opportunity to reflect on what we were able to achieve during the summer of 2019/20. As a Surf Club, we are proud to have continued our service to the community in all shapes and forms. From our service on the beach, to our activism across beach safety and community support, and to the betterment of our club at large.
This summer saw Tamarama SLSC rise in its capabilities. We excelled across not only our on-duty responsibilities as Life Savers, but as meaningful contributors to our community. Much was achieved throughout the season – too much in fact to recount all achievements in a short newsletter – highlights follow:
- Tamarama Bushfire BBQ and Comedy Evening: To support those on the frontline when hit with a catastrophic bushfire season, we raised in excess of $6000 from our fundraiser BBQ and Comedy Evening. A big callout to Aryan and Ben for leading the charge with these events.
- As always, to support the running of our club we had another successful year of fundraising at Sculptures by the Sea, with a special mention to Bill Shires for being at the helm of our BBQing efforts.
- This year we were pleased to have held the Wonderland Art Festival at our Surf Club, which showcased an array of beautiful artworks created by local artists. Thank you to Tracy Rockwell for organising this event to support our Arts community.
- This year we participated in the Bucket Shake at Sydney Airport to raise funds for our club facilities. Thank you to Sydney Airport and the members who staffed the bucket brigade to help with fundraising.
Thank you all who offered help within these events and initiatives, your ongoing commitment and support does not go unnoticed.
- Patrol 5 January Branch and State Rescue of the Month (January 2020) – Surf Life Saving NSW awarded Tamarama SLSC with the Rescue of the Month for January 2020, with our patrol reacting efficiently and effectively, taking charge of a highly stressful situation. Through quick action by lifesavers, lifeguards, paramedics, and members of the community, the patient was able to be resuscitated. We commend the achievement and efficacy our lifesavers, who were able to act quickly and competently in the face of adversity.
- Congratulations to Margie Simpson-Lee, who represented Tamarama at both Sydney Branch and State Masters Championships. At Sydney Branch Masters Championships, Margie placed first in sprint, and second in the surf race. She went on to place first in the beach sprint, second in flags and fourth in the surf race at State Masters Championships.
Community Support and Activism
- Tamarama has for a long time has been a proud supporter of Lifesavers with Pride. This year, we were pleased to have been the practice venue for Lifesavers with Pride for Mardi Gras 2020, who marched for an important cause that we hold close to our hearts! #loveislove
- We were able to hold Migrant Beach Safety Days which enabled us to educate recent immigrants regarding beach safety. Thank you to Sophie Taylor and David Murphy for their ongoing co-ordination of these events, a critical and important event for the education of our growing multicultural society.
- We continue to champion the ‘Take 3 for the sea’ initiative at Tamarama, reaffirming our commitment to keeping our beaches and oceans clean.
Across the club we have made improvements to our clubhouse, facilities and services.
- For our Nippers, we were able to acquire a new fleet of longer racing boards for competition and training purposes.
- Jack Collins was able to secure an ATV for the IRB team, making the job of taking the IRB down and back from the beach easier for our team.
- The shed sliding door was fixed, which previously required up to three people to open (except if you are Patrick), can now be done by one person, with one hand. Thanks to Waverley Council for persevering with finding a solution.
- With the rare appearance of McKenzie’s Beach this season, we expanded our area of patrol responsibilities for most of the season, undertaking many rescues for the grateful bathing public.
Special Thanks and Congrats…
- To all members for their effort this season – 3,418 hours patrolling and 47 rescues during scheduled patrol hours.
- Congratulations to Ben Doherty and Chris Barrett on achieving Gold Medallions this season!
- Thank you to Jack for his efforts organising and upgrading the IRB side of the patrol shed, and also for delivering IRB crew and driver courses to success!
- Thank you to Michelle for leading another wonderful team of trainers to produce a new group of Spring bronzies, with the Autumn group waiting in the wings to be assessed.
- Thanks to Richard Hamilton for organising club merch!
- Special thank you and farewell to caretakers Ellie, Andy, Daphne and Reef – we wish them good luck as we welcome Ben Armitage as our new caretaker.
- Arnaud’s efforts in ensuring that our community stayed well connected throughout isolation with his weekly Tamarama trivia quizzes.
- Waverley Council and Lifeguards for their ongoing support
- Simon Exleton from McGrath Real Estate, continuing as our major annual sponsor, since 2008. Thanks Simon!
Hoping next season brings us much more to look forward to!
Notice is hereby given that the 114th Annual General Meeting of the Tamarama Surf Life Saving Club Incorporated will be held at 14:00 on Sunday 19th July 2020 in the Club House at 1A Pacific Avenue, Tamarama in the State of New South Wales, subject to COVID-19 restrictions. Should a physical meeting not be possible an online alternative will be arranged. This notice has been made available via email, on the Club Website and on the Club Noticeboard. Tamarama SLSC respects the environment, and so unnecessary mailed paper notices have ceased.
Nominations for Club Officers and Support Roles are open Sunday 28 June 2019 and close 2pm Sunday 12 July 2019. All nominations must be received by this time via email to [email protected]. Each nomination must be proposed and seconded by active members of Tamarama SLSC and be accompanied by the written consent of the candidate. A complete list of nominees, proposers and seconders will be posted by 6pm on Sunday 12th of July 2020 on the Club Website and the Club Noticeboard.
This year the Annual Report and Financial Statements will be available via the website at http://tamaramaslsc.org/theclub/annual-reports/ before the meeting. We will inform members when these are available for viewing.
We hope to see you at the Annual General Meeting, which is a time for us all to meet and plan for another successful season together.
Annual General Meeting of Tamarama Surf Life Saving Club Inc.
Sunday 19th July 2020, 1400, Club House, 1a Pacific Avenue, Tamarama or in the alternative an online meeting
1 Acknowledgement of Country
2 Welcome by the President
3 Attendance and Guests
5 Lifesavers’ Prayer
6 Minutes of the 113th Annual General Meeting held 21 July 2019
7 Minutes of the Special General Meeting held 21 September 2019
8 Adoption of the 114th Annual Report
9 Adoption of the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 30 April 2020 and appointment of Auditor for the Financial Statements for the year ending 30 April 2020.
10 Reports of Club Officers
11 Election of Club Officers
11.1 The Club President;
11.2 The Deputy Club President;
11.3 The Club Captain;
11.4 The Secretary;
11.5 The Treasurer;
11.6 The Chief Instructor; and
11.7 The Junior Activity Director.
12 Presentation of Life Member Pins to Life Members attending
13 Confirmation of Life Memberships
14 Timing of the Annual General Meeting under the rules
'WONDERLAND ART FESTIVAL' AT TAMARAMA (6-8 November)
Keep your calendars clear, the 'Wonderland Art Festival' is Sydney's newest art event which is not to be missed!
Presented by Tamarama Surf Club, the event will be showcased in the main hall of the Club, right on the doorstep of Tamarama Beach. Come and browse great art direct from some of the very best emerging artists. The festival will run from Wednesday 6th to Friday 8th November, 2019. Funds raised during the event will help our ‘Club Renovation’ campaign.
Among our featured artists are:
|B DE TARLÉ ART||www.bdetarleart.com|
|CICI ART CORNER||www.etsy.com/shop/ciciartcorner|
|LINE FOR A WALK||www.lineforawalk.com|
|POSTER POINT||No Website|
|THE ART MART||No Website|
|THROUGH OUR LENS||www.throughourlens.es|
|TIM MIRABELLO ART||www.picpanzee.com/tim.mirabello.art|
'Tamarama Beach & Surf Club NSW' by Tracy Rockwell (2019)
If you are an artist who would like to have their work exhibited, all are warmly encouraged to APPLY HERE.
For exhibiting artists that would like more information on the exhibition details and benefits, please CLICK HERE.