If you would like to gain the qualifications necessary to become a patrol captain, the SMBM is the course for you!
Monday August 10th 6:30 - 9:30
Wednesday August 12th 6:30 - 9:30
Monday August 17th 6:30 - 9:30
**Conducted via Zoom due to COVID-19 unless restrictions ease, in which case location TBA**
Registrations close Friday 26th June.
- Act as a team leader as required
- Undertake work activities and accept responsibilities
- Set performance requirements and maintain team performance
- Contribute to team outcomes and support team cohesion
- Participate in a work team and communicate with management
- Prepare for beach surveillance and rescue
- Undertake preventative actions
- Complete beach surveillance and rescue recovery requirements
- Respond to casualties in distress
There is an online component which must be complete prior to commencing the course. This module can be found in the members portal eLearning library - Silver Medallion Beach Management.
**NB: It is highly recommended that you have completed 2 seasons before choosing to do this course**Monday, August 10, 2020 at 06:30 PMrsvpConducted via Zoom unless COVID-19 restrictions ease0 RSVPs
TAE Trainers Course:
Tuesday 18th August 6:30 -9:30pm
Thursday 20th August 6:30 - 9:30pm
Tuesday 25th August 6:30 - 9:30pm
Thursday 27th August 6:30 - 9:30pm
This course is for members interested in becoming trainers for the Bronze Medallion and provides participants with two units of competency from the Cert IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116).
Units of competency are:
TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Upon completion of training participants will need to assist in the delivery of two courses under the guidance of a mentor to become endorsed trainers.
NB: To become an endorsed training officer, you must have held the award you wish to train for for 12 months minimum.
Registrations close Friday 19th June. Please contact Michelle at email@example.com with any questions.
Tamarama SLSC will run its spring Bronze Medallion course commencing Saturday 26th September at 8am.
1. Be able to swim 400m in 9 minutes or less.
2. Be able and willing to commit to 10 Saturdays and 2 Sundays.
- Information Evening : Wednesday 16th September 7pm Tamarama SLSC
- Timed Swim: Wednesday 23rd September location TBC.
- Course Start Date: Saturday 26th September 8am - 1pm
The course duration is 10 Saturdays including 2 x full weekends for First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation Techniques.
- $420 including membership for 2 seasons, uniform, learning materials, First Aid and ART(AID) courses
- $250 concession including full-time students, under 30s, unemployed
- 2 for 1 for women: bring a friend and pay half price! (Full fee only)
Tamarama prides itself on being inclusive, welcoming and community-focused. We look forward to welcoming you to our club
For more information on the course as a whole click here.
To RSVP for the course click the RSVP button.
For more information or any questions contact Michelle Cowans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please be aware that this information may change according to COVID-19 restrictions, and that the course will be run in keeping with the current restrictions and social distancing rules.**Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 08:00 AMrsvpTamarama SLSC0 RSVPs