Tamarama SLSC will run its spring Bronze Medallion course in our brand new clubhouse!
The course will commence Saturday October 15th and run for 9 weeks, with the 9th week being assessment day - Sat 10th December.
1. Be able to swim 400m in 9 minutes or less.
2. Be able and willing to commit to 9 Saturdays and 2 Sundays, plus an entire patrol of 5 hours.
- Information Evening : Wednesday 5th October 7pm via Zoom
- Timed Swim: Weds 12th and Thurs 13th October - pool location tbc.
- Course Start Date: Saturday 15th Ocotber
The course duration is 8 Saturdays including 2 x full weekends for First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation.
- $440 including membership for 2 seasons, uniform, learning materials, First Aid and ART(AID) courses
- $250 concession including full-time students, under 30s, unemployed
- 2 for 1 for women: bring a friend and pay half price! (Full fee only)
Tamarama prides itself on being inclusive, welcoming and community-focused. We look forward to welcoming you to our club
For more information on the course as a whole click here.
To RSVP for the course click the RSVP button.
For more information or any questions contact Michelle Cowans at [email protected]
**Please be aware that it is a condition of surf life saving that all members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please also be aware that this information may change according to COVID-19 restrictions, and that the course will be run in keeping with the current restrictions and social distancing rules.**
SILVER MEDALLION AQUATIC RESCUE NOVEMBER COURSE
Course two of two for the 22/23 season.
This is a course that teaches advanced search and rescue skills.
There are just 30 spots for this popular course, so get in quick. Participants MUST be able to attend ALL training sessions.
Tuesday 15th November 6:30 - 9:30pm location tbc
Thursday 17th November - 6:30 -9:30pm location tbc
Saturday 19th November 8am - 5pm location tbc
Current (proficient) Bronze Medallion.
Minimum 16 years of age on the date of the final assessment.
400m timed swim in 8 minutes or less, to be submitted prior to course commencement.
Contribute to preparation activities for search and rescue operations
Perform search and rescue of a missing person
Demonstrate recovery and stand-down procedures
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 26th AUGUST. PLEASE RSVP TO SECURE A SPOT.
All learning materials and further information will be emailed to candidates prior to course commencement. Members MUST bring the following with them:
- Hi Viz singlet and club cap
- Warm clothes
- Spray jacket/wet weather jacket
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun protection
- Water bottle/snacks
- Wetsuit and booties
- Rescue Tube
- Public Safety and Aquatic Rescue Manual
(This list of items will also be emailed to all candidates).