Have you been a patrolling member for 2 seasons and ready to take your skills to the next level?
If you would like to gain the qualifications necessary to become a patrol captain, the SMBM is the course for you!
Monday 8 February 6:30 - 9:30
Wednesday 10 February 6:30 - 9:30
Monday 15 February 6:30 - 9:30
Registrations close COB 28th January 2021.
Location: 16 Murra Murra Place, Little Bay
- Act as a team leader as required
- Undertake work activities and accept responsibilities
- Set performance requirements and maintain team performance
- Contribute to team outcomes and support team cohesion
- Participate in a work team and communicate with management
- Prepare for beach surveillance and rescue
- Undertake preventative actions
- Complete beach surveillance and rescue recovery requirements
- Respond to casualties in distress
There is an online component which must be complete prior to commencing the course. This module can be found in the members portal eLearning library - Silver Medallion Beach Management.
**NB: It is highly recommended that you have completed 2 seasons before choosing to do this course**
Want to go for Gold in the 2020/21 Season? This is the second of two assessment dates for the Gold Medallion.
ASSESSMENT DATE 3: SATURDAY 20TH MARCH 8AM LOCATION TBC
To qualify for your Gold you need ALL of the following:
- Proficient in Bronze Medallion
- First Aid
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
What do I need to do?
- Swim 800m in under 14 minutes (prior to assessment date)
- Complete a mission test of a 400m swim, 800m run, 400m board paddle, 800m run in under 25 minutes
- Complete a board rescue of a novice swimmer 200m out to sea
- Complete a tube rescue of a swimmer 100m out to sea (use of fins preferred)
- Perform a complex patient rescue, including selecting equipment, returning patient to shore and treating patient appropriately and completing post-operational requirement
There is an induction booklet here with more details of the course including scenarios for the patient rescue. It is recommended working through these in a group, and getting a training group together for the fitness components.
If you would like to undertake this assessment, please RSVP by Friday 6th October 2020. Your club CTO will contact branch to let them know, and you will receive an email from Branch with further instructions. You must have ALL the above pre-requisites when you RSVP.
Please note this is for new awards only. There will be no proficiencies in the 2020/21 season.